What is this?

Hi! My name is Ulrik, and this is my student blog. My posts will be based on tasks and subjects given to the class by my English teacher Ann. I am currently in my third year at Sandvika High School, Norway.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A School Story

Montague Rhodes James

R.M James was born in Kent, England, in the year of 1862. Most of his adult life he lived in Suffolk, where many of his ghost stories take place. He is famous for being one of the first authors who wrote more modern and "realistic" ghost stories, even though they might seem a bit cliché today. 
He worked as a Medieval scholar and provost at Kings college and Eton College. His works were mostly published in the early 1900s, and they are the inspiration source to many modern films and books. Today he is regarded as one of the best ghost story writers of all time.

A School Story

I have to say that I found the story more interesting than scary. I don't know if it's just me, or if ghost stories are a bit outdated. Maybe it's because I read it at school, which isn't the most scary place on earth. Anyway, i did find the story interesting, and entertaining.

The Story takes place in the late 1800s, maybe early 1900s. It's about two men who talks, and they talks about a possible ghost house. One of the men starts telling about his own experiences when he was a schoolboy in the 1860s. It takes place in the Latin courses of Mr. Sampson. One day there is an extra paper on his desk, with a scary message.
I won't write more about this, but you could call that the start of the main story.

Here are many famous stories, including this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment